Newton House, Knaresborough has issued an invitation to guests to take part in an ‘Escape from Brexit Break’ during March 2019.
The Award winning B&B is offering guests to stay in a Brexit-free zone during March at special rates and with specific conditions that include:
- TV and Radio restricted to non-news channels/programmes only
- Newspapers banned
- £1 fine each time anyone mentions the ‘B–word’ during their stay (proceeds to Yorkshire Air Ambulance Charity)
- Continental breakfast banned (English Breakfast menu available)
- The words ‘Remain’ and ‘Leave’ only be used when booking additional night stays (Remain) or on check-out (Leave)
- European guests invited to return post-Brexit at pre-Brexit prices
- Payment in Euros welcomed
- British Bulldogs welcome free of charge in dog-friendly rooms
Owner Denise Carter said: “Every day the Brexit debate continues on the news channels and I for one am fed up with the constant drone of Brexit. The noise will only get louder as we head toward the March 29th deadline (or even longer if delayed) and I thought it was about time there was an opportunity for guests to take a rest from Brexit too.“
In addition, guests will be encouraged to participate in Brexit-busting trips to local tourist attractions such as Fountains Abbey, Ripley Castle, plus tours of the Yorkshire Dales that take them to areas of solitude and beautiful countryside.
“We have a lot of guests who are of the same mind set as me and hopefully our initiative will attract more people to come and put Brexit out of their minds, even for a short while.” comments owner Denise Carter.
Escape from Brexit Breaks start at £95pp B&B in a standard double room for two nights.