Beat Obesity Breaks have been launched at Newton House Knaresborough, near Harrogate, following it’s achievement of the Gold level award on North Yorkshire County Council Trading Standards ‘Healthier Choices’ scheme.
Newton House is well known as the place to stay in Knaresborough for the best breakfasts, which include healthy food choices and local produce. Owner, Denise Carter, who is also an avid forager and Slow Food enthusiast, personally makes many of the items on her award-winning breakfast menu.
“In North Yorkshire, 67.9% of the adult population is categorized as overweight or obese where the national average is 63.8%. When I heard these statistics it seemed right to partner with North Yorkshire’s campaign to help to combat obesity and its effects on people’s wellbeing, as well as the strain it puts on health budgets. ” comments owner, Denise Carter. “Beat Obesity Breaks are available to both leisure and business visitors to the area. We hope that guests will leave Newton House in a healthier frame of mind and body” she added.
Beat Obesity Breaks will include a range of benefits for guests working toward a healthier lifestyle including:
• Weigh-in on arrival
• Healthier dishes with beat obesity ingredients & recipes
• Allocation of second floor room with 40 stairs and no lift
• Smaller portions at every breakfast
• Fry-ups forbidden and poached eggs instead of fried eggs
• Mandatory morning walk or jog around Knaresborough each day
• Opportunity for ‘work out’ with the housekeeping staff
• Optional dietician consultation
• Departure weigh-in with discounts for guests with weight reductions
Beat Obesity Breaks cost from £36.50 per person per night based on two people sharing a double room and including breakfast and VAT.